Here are two more cards I made with the watercoloured images ( a stampin up stamp and distress markers). This time I die cut a doily ( spellbinders I think) and die cut the image as well . I tied my seam binding in a triple bow – I used a bow maker to do this – no way would i manage that without it! and added lace and pearls to finish.I love this style, and could make these kind of cards all day long!Til tomorrow….
Thats enough of the male cards for a little while, it’s time for some vintage style!I did these ones a couple of weekends ago – I went through my stamps and stamped some images onto watercolour paper, then sat in front of the tv one night and did some watercolouring using my distress markers. the paper I have used here is Prima Fairy rhymes, and the stamp is an old Stampin Up one. I did lots of layering, and inked all the edges with Tea dye distress ink, and added some seam binding, lace and pearls.I kept all the colours subtle,to keep with the aged effect. Welcome to all my new followers, feel free to contact me if ever there is anything you need clarifying! Til tomorrow….
Here is the last in my Prima Fairy Rhymes series, I have layered one piece of paper cut from the a4 pad straight onto my card and layered a second with the girl image on top, fussy cutting around some of the imagery. Also fussy cut a butterfly, a banner( which I stamped with a hero arts stamp) and added rhinestones, kindyglitz and a ribbon bow to finish.Tomorrow something new. In the meantime I am making good progress with my order – only 3 more to do, then a challenge card, and then hopefully some time to play with some new purchases! Til tomorrow….
Prima fairy Rhymes paper pad ( a4 size) once again, and the same ideas as the previous card, where I covered a card blank with a corner of the paper, and then fussy cut a second image and placed it on top with foam mounting squares.i cut a banner shape and stamped a sentiment with Hero arts happy birthday stamp,and just added a seam binding bow, rhinestones and kindyglitz.One more left in this series before we move on. I taught a lovely class of ladies this morning ( although all my ladies are classy….) – we did an exploding box, so this weekend I am going to get Nathan busy with the video camera and make a you- tube clip of how I made it. While I have him busy with the camera we will take some photos of the new cards I have been making, and I have just opened an e-mail with an order for 8 cards, so thats my weekend sorted! Til tomorrow
Number 2 in our Prima Fairy Rhymes patterned paper series. I covered a card blank with a piece of paper from the a4 pad, and fussy cut a second image from some of the same paper, and mounted it on the first with sticky foam pads. the banner strip on this card and yesterdays card were cut from some more paper from the pad, and then I just stamped a sentiment, punched out a few butterflies and added some kaisercraft rhinestones.Another quick card! Til tomorrow….
Today we start a new group – cards I have made with Prima Fairy Rhymes paper. I bought the A4 pad, and I haven’t had enough time to really create with it so only a few cards just now but we will return to it one day as it’s great paper.This first card is so simple. I just covered a card base with one corner of the patterned paper, it didn’t need anything else except a seam binding bow, kindyglitz and a stamped greeting!Great girls card done! Til tomorrow….