I am back after a little break when I enjoyed a lovely cruise, and taught many lovely ladies in a series of craft classes. Now I am madly chasing my tail catching up on so many things that need to be done before Christmas day, but it was all worth it! Todays cards are from a set I made with Kaisercraft ladylike collection – the 6″ pad and just one sheet of the 12 a 12 from the same colection ( the one with the roses all over it with lots of fussy cutting opportunities!) I trimmed the front of the top card down so that you can see some of the inside and decorated that as well, as you can see from the second photo. I added bead trim and lace to that one and one of my homemade resin birds. The other two cards are very simple and just rely on the papers, and a little layering. Next time we will move along to something different…til then…..
Quite often the last thing we want to do is make a sympathy card when we need one. I find it’s always handy to have a couple put away for when they are needed, and my rule with sympathy cards is the simpler the better.The card I have done here is a perfect example of my theory. I have used stampin up cardstock – early espresso, crumbcake and very vanilla, and a stampin Up stamp which looks ok even though it’s not coloured – any simple stamp will do – and a simple seam binding bow.I have also subtly inked around all the edges with a brown ink pad ( in this case Stamp in up Early espresso). I had a lovely lesson with my ladies this morning – it’s so good to see them every month, and they are always so good even when I might be a bit vague, as I was this morning – I had a sick son at home, he seems a little better this afternoon, so all is well in my world again! Til tomorrow….
A late post today as I have spent a lovely afternoon over at kays playing with all her crafty stuff ( she’s got some good stuff!)and I have come home in the mood for stamping, so after this I will spend a little while in the craft room digging out my unused stamps looking for new ways to use them. Tonights cards are still my Prima Songbird group, I loved the strips of birds balancing on top of each other,so didn’t alter them to much.The cardstock is a retired stampin up colour, and the sentiments are from various stampin up sets.I distressed all the edges, annd sponged them with Tim Holtz Antique Linen, then just added seam binding, liquid pearls,and prima flowers. Til tomorrow….
This is the last in my apothecary art stamp set series, and its a very simple one. The cardstock was Stampin up basic grey and blushing bride ( I did mention I was haveing a pink and grey period) and the stampin up designer paper is Twitterpated. The labels were die cut with Stampin Up labels collection.I just added a little ribbon, and coloured the stamped image subtly with ink pads and a blender pen.I have some new Kaisercraft paper that i got a couple of weeks ago, and haven’t cut into yet, so tonight I will be found in the craft room if it’s not too cold in thwere! Til tomorrow….